Features & Goals
The SCIM project has already achieved a lot of features and the design and implementation of SCIM project are following the goals we are pursuing.
- Fully Object Oriented structure written in C++.
- Highly modularized.
- Very flexible architecture, can be used as a dynamically loaded library as well as a C/S input method environment.
- Simple programming interface.
- Fully i18n support with UCS-4/UTF-8 encoding.
- Include many handy utility functions to speedup the development.
- GUI Panel with very rich features.
- Unified configuration framework.
The goal of SCIM:
- Act as an unified frontend for current available input method libraries. Currently bindings to uim and m17n library are available.
- Act as a language engine of IIIMF input method framework (TBD).
- Provide as many native IMEngines as possible.
- Support as many input method protocol/interface as possible.
- Support as many operating systems as possible.